Saturday 4 June 2016

Where have I been? A catch up post

¡Holá strangers! I've been somewhat vacant from the blogosphere lately and I'll give you one simple reason why... University. And more specifically third year of university. I have officially handed in my last piece of work as an undergraduate and performed for the last time as a member of Northumbria University. Cry. It's been a very hectic year and blogging had to really take a back seat to my work which was sad, but necessary. After writing essay upon essay, plus attending lectures and rehearsals there just wasn't enough hours in the day. So I've complete my degree (expect a lot of post university post coming up) and it's been a totally crazy year. In September I started working on a self directed performance with my girl gang and we created a performance that I'm so incredibly proud of.  It was the most out-there and crazy performance I've ever been involved in but it was so rewarding, we got a first hurray! This then lead us to be selected to perform at an international theatre Festival in Croatia, like what? And then of all things we won this festival. Out of numerous different theatre academies and schools from across Europe that attended our little baby won, the experience was completely surreal but so amazing. This was all happening alongside creating a audio-experience performance the used real testimony of bulimia suffers to raise awareness and writing essays for other modules too. Finally my last performance resulted in working on a piece of verbatim theatre about the Oklahoma bombing in a professional theatre setting. Since Easter break I was in  rehearsals at half eight till six every day, then headed off to the library to put in more shifts to write and research my alongside papers. But in the end it was all worth it because the experience was second to none. I worked with an amazing cast and performed something that I will forever cherish. Here's a little photo gallery of all my performances and work from my final, and dare I say best year at university.

So with all that on my plate it was very hard to blog, but now that university life is over it's time to throw myself back into all things beauty, fashion and lifestyle with my little blogging baby. I've got lots of exciting posts coming up, everything from new amazing products to styling secrets to amazing new foodie hangouts. I'm pouring every inch of my being into this blog from now on as it brings me so much joy and I have truly missed being able to write for it. So watch this space. Alongside throwing myself into my blogging again, I'm also planning on making the move over to youtube too. I've always had a passion for editing and media so I think exploring the visual side of vlogging will be an exciting experience. I also think youtube is a great way to really show everyone who I am as a person. I get so many people asking how I do my contouring and make-up etc and spend 99% of my life watching tutorial on the platform I can think of a better way to play with my passion for make-up than through youtube. My youtube link is now up in my handles bar at the bottom of each post so get subscribing so once I post my first video you'll be sure to know about it.
Thank you to everyone who's still reading this little blog of mine, I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them. I hope you stick with my as I grow my passion for blogging, vlogging and all things beauty and lifestyle related. I hope you like what's coming soon.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh wow, well done on your first and also winning the competition in Croatia!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess all my hard work finally paid off! Thank you my lovely xo.

      Delete

© OLIVIAHELENATAYLOR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig