Monday 13 June 2016

Get the look: Chanel Resort 2017 Collection

Now while I'm a little late to the party I couldn't help myself writing a post about the Chanel Resort  2017 Collection show that took place in Cuba. It's all kinds of dreamy. Karl Lagerfeld's newest collection heroes the Cuban women from their effortless style to the colours of the Caribbean. I've been loving experimenting with bolder colours and patterns in now that it's finally starting to warm up here in England (though I'd still rather be in Cuba) and this collection is giving me all sorts of summer inspo. It's just such sassy and bold styling choices that are just muy elegante y atractivo. See how you can get the look at the bottom of this rainbow filled post so you can channel all things Viva Coco Libre!
The French fashion house staged it's show on Havana's Paseo de Prado, the diving line between old and new Havanna and I think that perfectly describes the beauty of this collection. It is an amalgamation of Cuba's past and present coming together in one beautiful showing of fashion. The iconic colours and flair of the island but with the crisp haute styling of a fashion power house. It speaks to the past while giving to the present and for that reason I think this collection and the type of style it holds will appeal to the masses. As Chanel said in their pre-show announcement it is 'the cultural richness and the opening up of Cuba to the world have turned it into a source of inspiration'  and I think  that  sense of new and old coming together to inspire this show and resort collection is part of the beauty that it holds.
The resort collection features bold patterns, prints and colours with classic tailoring and cuts. Fifties sass meets hues that just scream summer. For that very reason replicating the look is pretty accessible  for all and perfect with the sun finally deciding to show it face and embrace what should be the warmer months. Think vintage prints, studded brogues, tassel jewellery and lots of colour. Because of the colourful fabrics and finishes I think it's an ideal look to pull off at festivals and weddings alike. When it comes to getting the look make-up rise then think bronzed glowy goodness radiating from your skin and light rose tinted lips that scream fresh faced beauty. Naturally tousled hair is a must too. This look is all about being that effortless summer beauty that the Cuban woman embodies. Check out my must haves to replicate the look yourself below.



So clearly I'm love this look and I think you should all be looking towards the resort collection for your summer styling inspiration. It's all about being fun and colourful which to me, there's nothing that optimises summer more than that. I know I'll be screaming viva coco libre from the roof tops while sassing it out in these statement looks.

Do you love these sassy stylings? Do you dare rock this much colour? Viva coco libre, or oh dios no coco? 
Let me know in the comments below

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© OLIVIAHELENATAYLOR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig