Friday 29 July 2016

Budget Beauty Summer Buys

In the summer months while we opt for lighter coverage foundation, darker coloured skin and that  perfect tousled hair to achieve beach babe status we must remember summer can really take a hit on our beauty regimens. You get oily and sweaty, and if you don't work at it, you can end up looking a little bit of a sweaty mess. Trust me I've been there, humidity is public enemy numero uno. My hair gets super oily, my skin super dry then too far the other way, and rather than a looking beach babe I end up looking more like Babe the pig. So for me, these are just a few products for hair and skincare that I can't bare to be without lately. They've been my little saviours in this burst of sun, and stickiness that has hit here in the UK and thank goodness for them because now I'm concering this sunshine like a little pro.


Hair and summer heat are not the best of friends, I know for me by two biggest issues are not wanting to style because I know within a few hours it'll be frizzy or have dropped out and of course oily roots. I like very simple hair in summer, lots of casual braids and just leaving my hair natural so basically opting for as little styling as humanly possible. My hair get's super oily year round at the roots but in summer that's made even worse by added moisture in the air. These products for me are must haves to keep my hair looking and feeling in good condition with a little styling as possible. Summer sends my skin into a bit of a freefall, it flits between super oily to super dry so for me I need products that offer a healthy balance or that specifically help with the issue without pushing me too far the other way. I mean there's nothing worse than using a cream to help dry skin and next day you look like your entire face is melting off, it's a vicious cycle. So these products are definitely ones that help balance me out and keep me at a nice easy medium. 
John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray
This is easily one of my favourite salt sprays, I think the scent of this is amazing and the results you get with such little product is a massive bonus. After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair I like to spritz this throughout and scrunch the hair to achieve that beachy tousled look. I also like using this on dry hair if I need a little more texture in a morning. I find that sometimes salt sprays can make your hair feel very brittle and dead after using them but this one actually leaves the hair feeling nice, but with that little bit of added texture to create an effortless bedhead kind of look.
Tangle Teezer Compact Styler
In summer I often find because of my long hair about halfway through the day my neck gets a little too hot and sweaty and I feel the need to tie it back out of the way but often it's too much of a mess to tie up neatly. And in comes this little baby at the bottom of my bag. Everyone swears by tangle teezers, like I seriously couldn't live without mine. My hair is always a knotty, frizzy mess so having this little guy with me throughout the day is essential. I love having the compact styler because it means if mid day my hair starts looking a crazy I can brush it out, style it and fix it on the move.   It's all the best part of a tangle teezer but with half the size so super easy to take on the go and for travel it's a must. I really don't think I'd travel with anything other than this nifty little brush so for me it's a must-have when the sun comes out.
L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Masque Pre-Shampoo Treatment
Oh my days, this product is an actual godsend! My hair is notorious for getting greasy throughout the year but even more so when the sunshine makes an appearance. I'm always on the look out for products which claim to help keep my roots from getting too oily and this is one of the few that I can actually say I've noticed a real difference. With my hair begin very dry at the ends but oily at the roots  I can have a real issue with masks as most tend to make the roots even oiler but this has the reserve effect because it actually targets that issue. I've been using this religiously and my roots are really seeing the benefit from it, and when I've stopped using it I've noticed it too so I can say I'm obsessed with this. If you have combination hair or just go through dry shampoo like water then I couldn't recommend this more.
BoirĂ© Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser
With my skin being very temperamental lately, I wanted to find a really deep cleaning daily wash that would help rebalance everything out. My skin goes from oil slick to Sahara desert real quick and I was desperate to find a wash which would work regardless of how my skin was acting on the day-in-day-out. I heard great things about the Boiré range, specifically the blackhead, pore cleansing products so thought that maybe a that would offer a great cleanse for me. I love this stuff. Firstly the smell is soooooo good, I'm pretty sure that's not what charcoal smells like but it actually smells divine. It makes your skin feel so tingly fresh and revitalised and after a long sweaty day having this makes you feel squeaky clean. Charcoal has so many skins benefits like the ability to shrink pores, balance out your skin, reduce oil and gentle exfoliating so with this wash you really are getting that cleanse and rebalance that you'll probably need in the summer months. This is a firm new facial favourite of mine.
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Tan Lotion
If you want a nice little glowy bit of colour while moisturising your body then you can't go wrong with Palmers. So many people swear by this for a gentle glow that not only leaves your body feeling soft and smooth but also smelling absolutely delicious. Like good enough to eat. I love using this for an added bit of colour on top of my tan and to help delay peeling if you, unfortunately, get any. A little bit of colour never hurt anyone and if you've been British summer bound this year like me then this will help you achieve that nice summer glow so nobody even has to know. They'll think you've seen sunning it up on the beaches of Miami, Marbella and the Maldives when really you've been on a deckchair in the heart of Yorkshire. Shh, it'll be our secret.
Kiko Milano Moonlight Oil Serum
This serum for me is so perfect, it really helps my skin when it's dry without leaving it feeling greasy or like there's some sort of film over my skin which is one of my main pet peeves about serums. When my skin dries out if becomes dull, lacklustre and really tricky to achieve a nice make-up application on which stressed me out, and dries out my skin ever more. But this serum helps brighten the skin while giving it a cool drink of water in an oil which feels very luxurious and nourishing. I have really seen a difference using this product, because of it's rich nature my skin has been hydrated and when it's too dry, a quick squirt and you're good to go. Plus this, unlike other oils, doesn't leave me oily after use which is everything you could want in an oil. Plus the design of this bottle with the built-in pipet, genius, ten points to Kiko for this packaging!
Sadly the Kiko has discontinued this serum, cry, though you can still find it in some stores on sale. If you want a serum like this for your skin I recommend trying the Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil by Ren which I have included in the widget at the bottom. It's a little more pricey than the Kiko option but very similar in formula and results wise.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe Herbs and Rosewater
Kylie Jenner swears by this stuff, as do so many bloggers and it's because this is the most refreshing skin treat there is out on the market. Feeling a bit sweaty or hot and with a little quick of this you're refreshed and ready to go. I love using this after the gym to cool myself down and give my skin a much-needed drink but in the sunshine, this stuff really takes the cake. It keeps you so cool and calm and doesn't disturb your makeup which is always important. Plus is smells so good, I literally just want to douse myself in this stuff.


I think these products offer an option for budget-friendly beauty that you'll actually see some use of and reap the results after use in this sticky, summer weather. I've attached click-throughs to all the products mentioned in the widget above so you too can give them a try and see if they make your summer beauty regimen a little more 'easy breezy'. For me, these little guys make summer stylin' and skincare a walk in the park.

What do you think of these summer beauty buys? What product can't you live without in the heat?
Let me know in the comments below.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© OLIVIAHELENATAYLOR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig